Tuesday, 26 March 2013

So it was my birthday yesterday

It was also National Waffle Day. That's not coincidence, it's fate. I didn't get any waffles though.
Happy belated waffle day!




Anyways,
you know how I celebrated? I napped. It was a glorious birthday nap to break up a day of class and a mountain of assignments.
There is three weeks left in the semester and it's crunch time. When I say mountain of assignments I mean if I printed off all the material, the notes I've taken, the pictures I've taken, and all the emails to and from my teachers it would create a mountain. My entire day was spent shooting, editing, and typing like a madwoman. Oh, and I delivered a lecture on Nelson Mandela and the segregation in South Africa. One less major assignment to worry about.
Tomorrow I'm interviewing a very nice lady from my town's housing authority about complaints from residents of subsidized housing. This will be my first story tackling an issue, so we'll see how it goes.

An assignment I just finished was to interview someone you know and get an idea for a feature from it. I interviewed my good friend Sarah and she was very stressed out. That's why I decided I was going to do a feature on student mental health with a focus on the ramifications of working too much while in school. I think I'll post it after I make the final edits.

Am I the only one wishing this school year would end already? I'm going to bed.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment