This is my assignment blog
Every Friday we are to make a post about either something we learned in a lecture during the week or a news story to analyze.
Some of this stuff I am really proud of. I noticed when my prof switched us over to analyzing articles my posts kind of took on a feminist theme. I was into it, but I wanted to make sure that my posts were diverse and covered many issues.
The analysis ones seem a little awkward just because we have to prove the article meets the "5 Characteristics of Hard News" which are timeliness, proximity, prominence, importance, and oddities. We spent the first month or so learning about these and they're a pain in the ass to explain in depth. Most of them kind of speak for themselves. We also include our gut reaction, and I admit that I figured only my prof would read it so I was kind of an asshole about my opinions.
The lecture takeaways are just 5 key points that we took away from our Monday lectures. Some of them are interesting, others are ridiculously boring.
I would like to post some of my favourite posts from that blog as my first year comes to an end. So look out for those.
Love,
Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment